Professional content creation & editing
With a degree in Journalism and 20+ years of experience in media, including marketing, TV, newspapers and PR, I am well-placed to help when it comes to writing, TV/archival research, academic proofreading or copy editing.
Nothing excites me more than a book project! Since 2011, I’ve helped a successful UK-based sales and marketing coach to create and self-publish a marketing success manual for health professionals, edited the second edition of an astrology reference classic for the Urania Trust, and written a technical user manual for a training app aimed at nurses on behalf of a London publisher.
In 2014, I worked with The Aspinall Foundation to create a coffee table book to mark their 30th anniversary; and in 2017, spent a year researching the rags to riches story of an Australian folk hero as part of a biography written by Richard Broinowski. This was a real joy – I got to travel to various museums and archives, both in the UK and in South Africa, to research the adventures and family history of this well-known Melbourne-based bookshop owner.
More recently, I have written two books of my own on astrology and geomancy. See the Publications page for more information.
Since 2013, I have also worked as a non-fiction and fiction manuscript proofreader for several London-based publishers, and helped more than a fair few authors to self-publish their books and novels via a well-known self-publishing platform.
ACADEMIC PROOFING AND EDITING
A seasoned academic proofreader, I have helped many UK and European-based undergrad and postgrad students, especially those whose first language is not English, to polish their theses and dissertations prior to submission.
I also regularly freelance for a London-based educational publisher, so am used to following strict in-house styles and conventions.
VIDEO, ARCHIVE & BACKGROUND RESEARCH
My background is TV journalism and current affairs research – I have worked for the South African national broadcaster, as well as a factchecker and researcher for both the RCGP, as well as the library of a national newspaper group in London.
Not so long ago, I undertook some stock footage and archive research for a Sarah Brightman retrospective DVD; and I have also worked with a UK-based production company to help secure interviews and find case studies for a series of human interest programmes and documentaries filmed in the UK/Europe for broadcast in Japan. You can find out more about my TV research background at Mandy.com.
I can produce all types of content, from:
- Digital (website content, news articles, product descriptions) and social media (blogs, posts)
- Marketing content – brochures, articles, press releases etc
- Informational/educational – ebooks, information sheets, pamphlets
- Technical content – user manuals, product brochures
- Long form – editorial features, books, ebooks
- Kindle and eBook conversion
- Book design and layout for Amazon KDP, Lulu and other self-publishing platforms
- Website creation using WSYWG platforms like WordPress, Wix etc
- Graphic Design & image sourcing for your book, website header or cover creation using PhotoShop
- Videos for use on social media like YouTube using Adobe Premiere